Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fuck science, I am donating my body to MAGIC.

Sometimes IT IS all smoke and mirrors. WICKED.

There are a handful of memories that are filed away in my heart rather than my head. I can only describe these memories as magical, fantastical even. Events experienced with the heart and therefore remembered with it.

These memories have gained a certain kind of mystery and wonder in my repertoire of thoughts. They conjure up feelings of balancing that line between reality and the unexplainable. Memories of events so powerful they exist not how they occurred, but how I remember them. I want to live more of my life like this. More in that space between real and the unknown in which you are willing, if only for a second, to suspend your disbelief and just be. To me, this is Magic.

The following are a few photos taken with my Holga, in NYC last Fall. A trip bursting at the seams with MAGIC. Perhaps it was the vibrancy of the city and the waves of inspiration I was hit with around every corner. Perhaps it was the love and adventure shared with my travel companion, our dance parties in the morning while getting ready, and our late nights in bed, the traffic below our own personal soundscape. Perhaps it was the art, oh the art! and how I was submerged in it. Perhaps it was the food! The chocolate cupcakes that were so delicious I took a picture of them, or the wine that tasted so great out of a paper bag while laying in the park. Or, perhaps it was all of these components combined, thrown in with a little of the unexplainable, a dash of the unknown, a pair of really big hearts, no expectations, and a healthy dose of pure, untouched MAGIC.

Again, given the chance isn’t it always better to believe in magic?

LOVE!

e


clouds and light, constantly changing to make pretty pictures.

leap! ROAR!


fly!







No comments:

Post a Comment